Saturday, March 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Amy!

I wanted to find a picture of my sister and I, and post a little birthday tribute to her. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a single picture in which she and I both looked good. Not even "good", but I couldn't find a single one in which one or both of us didn't look like sweaty men or something. So, she might not be the most photogenic girl in the world (no offense Amy), but here are some things that she is.





*smart
*caring
*the first person i call when I'm crying (sorry about that)
*a really great mom
*a good listener
*pretty
*forgiving (for instance, she'll totally forgive me for saying she's not photogenic)
*a thoughtful advice-giver
*honest (sometimes brutally)
*a great cook
*very very funny
*tougher than me (per the results of our sibling poll)
*understanding
*the best sister a girl could ask for

Lastly, here is my all-time favorite picture of Amy and I. I look really bad in it (keep in mind I was about 14, and it was in the middle of the grunge era), but it just kind of sums up our relationship. I'm crying, and she's probably saying something sarcastic, and mildly offensive, trying to cheer me up. I love it. (Note the black and white pictures of little kids giving each other roses and stuff, on my bedroom wall. I was so into those)



Happy birthday Amy! I love you!

3 comments:

Lyndsey said...

That was such a sweet post! I love the grunge look, very cool!
I miss you...it's been too long.
Happy birthday Lisa's sister!!!

Amy and Brad said...

Thank you, Lis. I love you, too. And, if that last picture "sums up" our relationship...does the first one sum up your relationship with Scott? :)

natali said...

happy birthday amy! i love the angsty lisa pic.