Friday, March 14, 2008

3.14

So, I know some people think I'm exaggerating when I say this, but until tonight, I hadn't eaten pie in about a year. I found out about my gluten allergy in October, but before that, I don't remember eating pie for a long time. So I think it really has been about a year. Anyway, that all changed tonight.





My new favorite person, Judy, had a pie party at her house (Friday Pie Day). I mentioned that it wouldn't kill someone to make a gluten-free pie, mostly jokingly. But guess what Judy did? She made a gluten free pie. And not just any old pie. It was a gluten free peanut butter cream cheese pie. Wow. As you can see from the pictures, it was awesome. She made the crust with rice flour, and almonds all smashed up. and the inside was incredible. I got really excited about it and ate way too much pie, and made myself a little bit sick. But it's ok because I probably won't get another chance to eat pie for a long time. So I'm glad I took advantage of it.




Also, I fell in love at the pie party. Cosmo is his name. And I feel like it's safe to say the feeling is mutual.

2 comments:

natali said...

that puppy loved lisa. i think he wanted to go home with her and eat gluten free pie for the rest of his life.

Amy and Brad said...

Lisa needs a dog...somebody let Scott know.

PS
I hope you got the gluten-free pie recipe for future use!