Wednesday, August 22, 2007

mcfly?

this is so weird. the other day i received a text message from the future! December 6, 2019 at 11:30pm to be exact. here's a picture so you know i'm not making it up:





i was at work when i got it, and it was approximately 10:15am, and since i was obviously intrigued, one of my co-workers decided to call the number from her phone to see who it was. according to the recorded operater voice, the number was "unavailable"---even more weird.

as you can see, the message is blank. lee thinks it is my future self (in the year 2019, as shown) trying to send my current self a message, but since my current self doesn't have the kind of advanced technology that my future self has, i am not able to receive said message. i think i might have to agree with that. especially because i wrote the future back, and said "what are you trying to tell me?", and never got a response. i rest my case.

2 comments:

Jim said...

I have another theory. You should not necessarily assume that when you see the two digits representing a year, like the "19" in your instance here, that it must mean 2019. Maybe, just maybe, it is a message from someone circa 1919 - your own grandparents were born in 1910 and 1912. Could they or someone else from that era be trying to send you a message?

natali said...

it really could be a text from the past. predictive text is a bitch.