Saturday, May 19, 2007

i don't like to brag, but...

the other day i took a bunch of kids outside to play on the playground. when we were coming inside, i saw this:





i was pretty flattered to say the least (especially knowing i am the only "lisa" in the whole building).

also, i can now consider myself in the company of a person named Tate who used to be a neighbor of mine as a child. my brother bj and i once wrote "tate is cool" (using squirt guns) on our fence in our backyard (over, and over, and over). we weren't lying about him though. he was a few years older than us, but decades cooler, due mostly to his leather jacket, his hard rock band, and his smoking habit.

anyway, i really hate to brag.

3 comments:

Lee said...

One night the year after I graduated from high school, the power went out in our neighborhood and we were stuck outside because it was too hot in the house (on account of no air conditioning). While kickin' it in nature (my front yard), I got stung by a bee and after a while the sting started to swell up.

I put some ice on it and went and sat on my curb and ended up laying there for about an hour. The power still wasn't on and my family went inside and went to bed, locking all the doors behind them. Since I couldn't get in through the garage door with our code (again, no power [stay with me, here]), I was left to either stay outside or wake some folks up. I was a good son and didn't want to wake the folks up or scare any kids by knocking on windows. In the middle of the night, I had to take care of business and figured this would be the perfect time to spell my name in the road and see if you could see the outline the next day (it was hot and dry that time of year). I got to the first 'e' when I saw my uncle across the street get in his car, so I had to do the painful stopping of the flow and I never got to finish my name. Before I went in, I filled a bucket with water and threw it over what I had "written" at that point, because I didn't like the embarrassment of not being able to finish my name like a real man. Especially since my name is only three letters long.

Amy and Brad said...

Love it! But do you really think you are as cool as Tate? The possibilities of where he could be now are endless, really.

Jared said...

pretty clean spelling and chalkmanship for such young groms. seems like the blue might have been added later...