Monday, February 11, 2008

R.I.P



OH NO! I just got home from work and got some horrible news in the mail. My very favorite magazine (besides US Weekly) has "ceased publication". No! It didn't even give any details or reasons. Just a little 3x5 card saying it's cancelled. I think I at least deserve a personal phone call. I feel so abandoned. It's like if someone told you your dog died, but didn't say how or why. I need some closure. If anyone knows why this had to happen, please inform me.

If US Weekly ever ceases publication, I don't know what I'll do. Something drastic.

7 comments:

Jim said...

Is this the magazine that received your angry letter to the editor? If so, you may have had a hand in its demise.

Lee said...

Big whoop.

Lee said...

I'm joking. I mourn your loss. Not really, but I am sad for you. Not really that, either. I don't know what to say.
How about, you care so I care.
R.I.P. Blueprint Magazine. You just couldn't own your niche.

Hello, Martha Stewart Living. (Lisa failed to mention that this is the magazine they are replacing her Blueprint subscription with. I lie not.)

Jim said...

Martha Stewart Living is quite an upgrade - like moving from coach to first class. Maybe a celebration is in order Lisa.

lisa said...

clearly you have not read blueprint. it is many steps above Martha Stewart Living.

Amy and Brad said...

"It's like if someone told you your dog died, but didn't say how or why." IF?! Try "It's like WHEN my mom secretly euthanized my dog but didn't tell me how or why!"

Sorry for the loss of your magazine. You were strong enough to get through the 'Williams Pet Holocaust', as Scott calls it. You'll get through this, too.

Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

I only just now found your blog for the first time - how is that possible? And also I just now found out why my Blueprints stopped coming in the mail. First Budget Living and now this? If Domino goes under I am literally going to cry.